ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PROGRAM (Grades 1 - 5)
- Our elementary program consists of two classrooms ranging from grades 1 through 5.
- The focus of instruction is on reading, writing, math, and social/emotional skills.
- Teachers utilize direct instruction, modeling, guided practice, gradual release, and differentiated instruction to target individual student needs.
- Students participate in team building, cooperative learning, and planned school activities to build community.
- Students receive targeted Social Emotional Learning (SEL)/behavioral interventions embedded throughout their school day.
SECONDARY SCHOOL PROGRAM (Grades 6 - 12)
- Our secondary program consists of five classrooms with students ranging from grades 6 through 11.
- Students follow a traditional school schedule and change classrooms to receive content-specific learning opportunities throughout the day by different teachers.
- Students are assigned a homeroom with their case manager where they start/end their day and receive SEL instruction.
- Students receive instruction in language arts, mathematics, social skills, P.E., health, history, science, art, and transitions-based activities.
- Our Transitions Program is our career development / in-school jobs class at Olympic Academy.
- Students in grades 6-12 are encouraged to participate in a Transitions elective once per year to build their post-secondary transition plan.
- Transitions provides students the opportunity to build a High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP), explore career opportunities, learn technical skills such as resume writing, completing job applications, and interviewing.
- Students will practice their Transitions skills and engage in an interview process to be “hired” for a position throughout the school that allows them to earn additional “points” to buy items at the school store.